University of Michigan - PhD Candidate - Miller Scholar
2010 - present
I’ve finished three years of the graduate program in Economics, having been awarded a distinction in my first and second year exams.I received my Masters in May 2012
University of Oxford - MSc. in Economics for Development
2008 - 2009
I was a Felix Scholar at Oxford. My aggregate was the highest, and was awarded the George Webb Medley Award for Best Overall Performance, along with a distinction and a DPhil offer.
University of Delhi - St. Stephen's College
2005 - 2008
I received by BA (Hons.) in Economics. My average over the three years was 80%. This was the highest in class, and was thus awarded the Rudra Economics Prize.
2010 - present
1. NBER Fellowship - Economics of High Skill Immigration, Alfred P Sloan Foundation (2015-16)
2. Rackham Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan
3. Michael Moore Dissertaion Prize for the Best Paper in Applied Microeconomics (2015)
4. MITRE Research Fellowship Award, University of Michigan (2012-13, 2013-14)
5. The James A Miller Scholarship, awarded by the University of Michigan (2010 – 2015)
6. The George Webb Medley Prize for Best Overall Performance in the MSc. Economics for Development, Oxford University (2009)
7. The Felix Scholarship for study at Oxford University (2008-09)
8. The Rudra Economics Prize- Best Overall Performance awarded by St. Stephen’s College (2008)
9. The UFJ Foundation Award- Outstanding Performance in Academics & Extra Curriculars (2007)
10. Vikas Dhaka Scholarship- Excellence in Academics & Social Work-St. Stephen’s College (2006)
2010 - present
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant - University of Michigan
2011 - present
I have taught Introductory Macroeconomics in Fall 2011, Winter 2012, Fall 2012, Winter 2013, for which I was twice nominated by the Department for the Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award. Since then I have been a research assistant for Prof. John Bound.
Referee Services - Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Consultant - The World Bank - Washington DC.
2009 - 2010
From September, 2009 till June 2010, I worked for the World Bank’s - Poverty and Inequality Unit. My research was in collaboration with Pierella Paci and David Newhouse. We studied the Labor Market Impacts of the 2008 Financial Crisis, which is now an IZA Working Paper. I also assisted the unit on a report investigating the long-term labor market and poverty trends in South Asia.
Survey - India
Survey of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act under economist, Jean Drèze in rural India, in 2007, in order to assess the implementation of the Act and difficulties faced by those affected.
Journalist - Business World Magazine
Internship at Business World Magazine, Mumbai in 2006. I published four articles (including one for In-Depth section) and assisted in two others over a work period of one month.